Mission of Christ Network
Mission of Christ Network is an organization dedicated to Gospel Proclamation. Salem Lutheran Church is a Cornerstone Congregation for Mission of Christ Network. Salem is also one of the founding congregations of MCN.
The Mission of Christ Network’s goal is to; dramatically increase the number of people involved in God’s Mission to boldly, intentionally and faithfully make known the light, love and peace of Jesus Christ, by word and deed to those around the world who live in spiritual disbelief and despair. This will be accomplished through a network of individuals, congregations and organizations bound together by the Core Biblical Values of MCN which are:
- God’s mission belongs to God and begins in the heart of God. (Luke 10:1-3; Matthew 28:19)
- God’s mission is to and for everyone. (I Timothy 2:4; Luke 24:46-48; Acts 1:8)
- God’s mission involves all Christians. (I Peter 2:9; I Peter 2:12; I Peter 3:15; Acts I:8-10; Acts 8:28-31)
- God’s mission is empowered by The Holy Spirit. (John 14:26, 16:7; I Corinthians 3:5-6; Acts 2:33; I John 4:13)
- God’s mission is urgent. (John 9:4; I Timothy 2:3-4)
- God’s mission must be my mission. (John 3:16; I Peter 3:15; I Corinthians 3:2-3)
Visit MCN's website at missionofchrist.org
KOURTNIE KROLL, MISSIONARY TO SHANGHAI
Kourtnie Kroll is a daughter of Salem Lutheran Church and a product of Salem Lutheran School. She attended Concordia Lutheran High School and then earned a degree in Psychology from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, graduating in 2014.
This past year God called Kourtnie to teach as an English as a Second Language teacher in Hong Kong with Mission of Christ Network (missionofchrist.org). She enjoyed this experience and loved building relationships with the children and sharing about Jesus.
For the 2015-16 year, she will move to Shanghai and begin working with the WILL Foundation as their English teacher. WILL stands for “Walk Into Life and Learn”; it is a home for nine boys and one girl who have been abandoned by their families, an unfortunate consequence of China’s “one-child” policy. She will actually live in the facility with the children and is excited to encourage them in their education and faith.
Kourtnie’s favorite Bible verse is Hebrews 13:5 – “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’”
Kourtnie needs to raise her own support for this year, a $20,000 challenge. To be a part of her support network, send your donation to: