2020 Salem Blood Drives
We are hosting two blood drives, OCTOBER 21, 1 to 5:30 PM and NOVEMBER 1, 8 AM to 12:30 PM, to help Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center replenish their inventory of much needed blood. By having this blood drive, we are helping meet the needs of the community and the blood center relies on 800 donations each day.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- In about 1 hour you may save 3 lives.
- Every 2 seconds someone needs a blood transfusion.
- 15 COVID tests are done to ensure patient safety.
- 1 in every 7 people will need blood at some point in their lifetime, but only 1 in 20 will donate.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is working hard to keep staff and donors safe. There is no inherent risk of getting coronavirus from donating blood, but they follow CDC guidelines and take extra precautions to protect the donors and staff. They do temperature checks, social distancing, masks are required, and continuous sanitation.
Click below and register for the day you would like to donate.